The professionals at ESOP Strategies focus on assisting business owners extract value from their private companies primarily through the use of employee stock ownership plans (“ESOPs”). We will evaluate and assess the feasibility and relative merit of employee stock ownership, as well as other stock transactions, to achieve the following objectives:
- Financial Diversification/Liquidity for the Business Owner;
- Implementation of Succession Planning for the Business;
- Reduction or Deferral in Capital Gains Tax;
- Coordination of Business Succession Plan with Owner’s Estate Plan; and
- Creation of Employee Benefit Plan Tied to Company’s Financial Performance.
Studies find that ESOP companies grow 2.3% to 2.4% faster than would have been expected without the implementation of the ESOP in the areas of sales, employment, and sales per employee. These are results that successful business owners cannot pass over without investigation.
Although many of our deals include ESOPs, we are by no means limited to ESOP buyouts. We can assist with traditional management buyouts, redemption/recapitalizations, mergers, joint venture and other transaction formats. If we think there is a better way to meet your objectives, we will let you know.